Friday, March 1, 2013

Midweek Novel Update

...because I can.

Vastly rewrote one and a half chapters today. I hated both chapters when I woke up this morning, and I quite like them now, so that's hopefully a good sign.

CURRENT WORD COUNT: 18,240.

I should have been at 28,000 words last week, and by this coming Tuesday, I should be at 31,500 words.

So... Yes, I'm more than 50% towards being 'caught up', but partially due to the rewriting (unfortunately necessary in this case, so that I don't hate the chapter and can build off of it comfortably) I'm also not as close to catching up as I thought.

Let's pretend I'm going to be caught up on Tuesday, and give myself some possibly unrealistic mini-goals.

I've got Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and let's be generous and give myself Tuesday as well since that's when I write the update. Five days.

MATH TIEM: 31,500 words minus 18,240 equals 13,260 words total. Divide 13,260 words by 5 days. That's... 2,652 words per day.

...Wow. Yeah, that is sort of unrealistic. It's not impossible, but that would mean all those days need to be seriously good days. Without much rewriting, if any.

Still, aim for the stars... or is it the moon?

We'll see what I can do.

No comments: