Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2013 Goals: Week 9 Postmortem

This may have been the worst second-half-of-a-week all this year. And I still feel exhausted. It hasn't even been that anything bad happened... just a bunch of insomnia hitting for several days in a row. I had truly awful insomnia a few months ago and  I was just getting used to it not being so bad anymore. Sigh.

Well, time to face the music.

Novel: [PITIFULLY LOW] / 31,500 words.

Still above the 50% mark (though I don't know how far above it). Notes to self: First address insomnia, then address this.

Working Out: 4/4 times. (RESET.)

Okay, so here's the deal... I hadn't been counting walking, even when I walked for a full hour. That was honestly pretty silly.

I still don't want to count long walks exclusively in place of the working out that involves running & working out... in part because I walk several times a day usually three days a week, and that would take up 3 of 4 of the times right there, and make the gym hours & independent tiny workouts meaningless.

I think I can stand to count them for the four periods I missed though. Maybe if they count cumulatively for one workout per week? Or maybe only in special cases? I dunno. Thoughts?

Blogging: 2/3 posts. (+1 from earlier weeks, ideal total 4)

(Facepalm.)

Okay, now I've got to write 5 posts this week. Whoops.

2 comments:

oedalis said...

Man, another post mortem? A real blog entry please.

And counting them cumulatively seems fine but what about lifting some weights, dude?

Anyway, are you going to wrap up RE6? Or respond to Jessica? There just seems like so much to write about to me. Should be easy to make up those five posts, right?

Jake Jesson said...

There's no trouble coming up with stuff to write. It's more the mental exhaustion factor. So annoying. Need to learn to switch off so can recharge.